Saturday, June 19, 2010

It's a real good baseball town but my team is across the Bay.





After having dinner with Sophie's aunts, we headed to our camp for the next two nights- the Thorman/Boyle house in Palo Alto. Ethan and Mimi were kind enough to let us stay for a few nights even though Tess (their daughter, our friend) was not actually in town.

For our full day there we headed to San Francisco, after a quick lunch at the Peninsula Creamery (recommended by Paul Schacht). Ethan set us up with a tour of the SF Giants' stadium, which was fantastic. The five of us were able to get an insider's view of the stadium- from the various restaurants on each level, to the super expensive club suites (well, we saw the doors, anyway), to the Giants dugout. We felt very much like tourists as we walked around Fisherman's Wharf, taking pictures and buying postcards and ice cream. We attempted to walk to the Golden Gate Bridge, but it was much further than we had anticipated, so we got back in the car and drove to it instead. Walking partway across the bridge and taking pictures was the epitome of our tourist experience.

Finally, we headed back to Palo Alto for a delicious dinner of salad, pasta salad, and homemade flatbread. We finished our night with a movie (Away We Go) to relax for a long day of driving down the coast to San Diego.

3 comments:

  1. Have I mentioned that I envy you all?? Well, I do, but in the best way possible. I love reading the blog and I am so happy that you're all having a wonderful time!

    ReplyDelete
  2. You guys all look so HAPPY!!! I think it's great and wish I was doing it with my friends...also wish I was maybe 30 years younger, but that ain't happen either!
    When are you coming to see Julia's John? or is that a different trip? We'd love to cook for you..or I should say, Uncle Bill would love to cook for you!
    Give Julia my love,
    Aunt Nancy

    ReplyDelete